 Space / 5893
5892  |  5894
Subject:
thx
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 23:02:00 GMT

thx for the comments,
hope to see your own stuff on the web soon...

as far as swans go,
you might wanna look at some of the sketches of my upcoming
ship @ http://63.226.106.19/lego

:-)

-p

In lugnet.space, Kirby Warden writes:
    I like it.  No, really, I mean it.  In a previous post to Mark
Sandlin's latest model I may have come across as anti-militant.  My
intention with that post was to note that people seemed more eager to
scrutinize a model style that is not his norm, as if they had been shocked
by the plainess of his IPS freighter, yet remain strangely silent when he
posted his awe-inspiring Crimson stealth fighter.
    I have nothing against the combat models that are out there (everything
that I have been working on is combat oriented).
    What I think I like the most about your sub are the various 'joints' it
has...not just adjustable wings but also nose and tail.  This is the first
sci-fi sub that I have seen and hope to see a few more under-sea sci-fi
related models (actually there is someone who has been working on an
undersea city, it's been awhile since I last took a look at his site [almost
forgot about it], I wonder what it looks like now?).
    Recently I've been working at making myself a part of the lego
community.  I have a skeleton of a website running with no pictures or links
(I'm still learning the ropes).  Today I successfully posted on Brickshelf
with the charitable help of Mark Sandlin (Thanks Mark :)).  I haven't done a
whole lot of building as I am taking notes from OPL's (Other people's legos)
and experimenting (to see if I can do what others have done and apply their
techniques to my designs then move forward with techniques of my own) and
expanding my collection so that I can creat large mocs with decent color
schemes.  In short, I am doing a lot of learning at once.
    I had envisioned creating a huge-massive ship with a two-level
engineering section, crew space, wings with dropships attached underneath,
and a bridge rising up at a sloping angle like a swan's neck.  I finished
the engineering space and found to my dismay that I would not have the
pieces I needed for the rest of the ship for a looooooong time to come.  So
much for wowing the lego community with a working website and an awesome
display of detailed ship design.
    Nice to see that someone has the tech and know-how and other resources
to post on Lugnet and Brickshelf with an original model with enhanced
background  and a working website.
    Good job.