 Space / 571
Re: New fighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 14:26:49 GMT

In lugnet.build, Alex Roode writes:

I'd love to see more Starcraft stuff made from lego.  I have built an • alternate
model to the Snowspeeder, loosely based on the Dragoon.  See it at
http://junior.apk.net/~tremor/lego.html.

Looks pretty good, I'd say.
The pic on the main Lego page looks somewhat like a Wraith...

What about Wraiths?  Too standard?

No.  To hard.

Nothing is too hard when LEGO is involved!  Maybe that'll be my next project.
Now that I've finished the P-51, I just have to take more pictures of it, and I
need another project.  It may well be a wraith.  Cool...

the Protoss shuttles have a nifty shape.

Yeah.

As do the carriers.  Now that would take a lot of yellow bricks!

Oh, yeah...
Yer gonna have to buy a lot of e-bay junk...

Especially if I make it minifig scale.  I bet lots of people have plenty of
yellow that they don't want...

How about making something for the Zerg?
You'd have to make "the creep" for buildings, but...

If you can find enough purple pieces, you're a wealthier man than I am.

Or a Terran BattleCruiser!!!!  You could get a whole bunch of neon oranges,
hook them up to a battery & springs, and make a firing Yamato Gun!!
And then you could use Technics to light up the projectile, turn the lights
off, and add a light-sensor on a carrier, so it would blow up when it was

Ahhh.. the power of Destruction.

You're a maniac!  I love that idea though!  A terran battlecruiser would
probably not be too hard to make, at least on a micro (or nano) fig scale.
(And no getting into discussions about micro/mini/nano/etc again!)

Adrian
--
http://junior.apk.net/~tremor/lego.html