 Space / 5516
5515  |  5517
Subject:
Digital Camera Pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 23:49:08 GMT

  Hahahahahahahaha!  I just installed a reader for my digital camera.  And
yesterday I got back from visiting the Imagination Center in Orlando, which
has almost (hopefully not) as many full-size models as Legoland.  AND they
have really cool displays for each theme.  And I took pictures.  They are
about to be posted to Brickshelf, but first, to mention a little about each
picture.
  Many of the displays are blurred.  That is because they all revolved, and
made it very difficult to photograph.  Several of the pictures are
horizontal-I apologize for not being able to correct that.  The V-Wing and
the Warp-Wing fighters are both large models, aproximately 5-6 feet long (2
meters).  They have them hanging upside-down from the ceiling, all three (2
V-Wings, 1 Warp-Wing Fighter).  The V-Wing was shown several years ago in
the Mania Magazine, in all that time they didn't correct their mistake of
putting the thrusters on backwards.  I took pictures of some of the sets for
sale, confirming that they are available in the US (Is Todd reading this?).
Lastly, they had a large counter display set up right above the floor,
including LOM, Star Wars, "Mars Mission" (see picture titled "VerySad"), and
a train display.  One the other side of the store was the Technic/Software
section, where I took pictures of the Lego Friend, a life-size robot (moves
and makes sound) and some of the models there.  I apologize sincerly for the
bad picture quality.