 Space / 5
  493 Instructions/Catalog Different?

I was rebuilding a 493 Space Command Center I thought was in a collection I bought when I noticed that the catalog picture (on LUGNET) and directions (on Brickshelf) are slightly different. (URL) catalog picture uses a crater baseplate, whereas the (...) (25 years ago, 18-Sep-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: 493 Instructions/Catalog Different?

(...) This came up on lugnet or rtl about a year ago (sorry, can't remember which--dejanews should clear that up though). The Font of Knowledge, whose identity isn't certain but I think was Larry, told us that it was changed after the first year of (...) (25 years ago, 19-Sep-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: 493 Instructions/Catalog Different?

(...) It goes back actually all the way to February of '94, but it comes up again ever year or so... Here's a composite scan (two scans pasted together :) showing the two versions: (URL) (25 years ago, 20-Sep-99, to lugnet.space)