 Space / 4914
Re: Fast Eddie Proud ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 00:38:42 GMT

In lugnet.space, John Robert-Blaze Kanehl writes:
In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin writes:
While I think this is humorous, I have to wonder why it's posted to .space?

Did you go through the whole webpage?

I did, just to be sure.

I admit the first 2 pages are off-topic, but that was based on a
question/discussion of one of the figures in .minifigs.  I will remove the
first 2 pages shortly.

The rest I think fits .space.

You might be right, but it could very well not either. For all we know these
rootin'tootin' hard-bitten maniacs could be straight outta "Full Metal Jacket"
or something.
All you really need to do is, yes, remove the first two pages, but then add
just a wee bit of text, even something so simple as "These are my Space
Marines" - just to put it into context. That's all, just a bit of context, of
which at the time of first reading there was none. Heck, you could even
cut/paste the text below into your page, that would probably do the trick
admirably.
Without any of it though, Mark's right in asking the question, there's not much
that looks "spacey" about it. Not yet anyway.

Cheer up, and look at it as constructive criticism :)

KMaynes.

Short answer:
There is no Lugnet.sci-fi or Lugnet.military or Lugnet.Spacemarines = )

These are intended to be futuristic/sci-fi type characters. (like in
Predator, Aliens, Space Above+Beyond, EFC, comic books, etc)

Long answer:

I found this bag of infantry weapons a couple weeks ago that has been
"missing" for 5+ years. I designed these weapons based on Aliens, Predator,
and Cable comic books.  I love the "classic space gun" piece, but I always
thought the space weapons should be bigger/beefier.  I liked the rifle w/
scope/camera piece, but it had limited expansion possibilities.  I used my
"beefier" weapons w/ Blacktron 1, Spyrius, and Classic space creations.  I
was so happy to find these that I began experimenting with some modest
design improvements and new weapons.  (the first non castle creations in
quite awhile)

I thought these designs were pretty good and worth sharing in .space ...I
guess I'm wrong.

I wanted to take some time away from .castle projects and develop something
else for awhile (like a ship that carries a dozen mercenary Space Marine • types)
Do ALL .space characters wear space suits, airtanks, and hemets 24-7?

Do ALL  space creations have to be ships?
(Are all pics in .castle and .cw of Castles?)

Where is the list that tells me what belongs in .space?

I have seen at least 12 seperate Drop ships discussed in this group... Don't
drop ships carry troops who carry weapons?

Upon searching lugnet today, I see Jsproat and a couple others have created
their versions of spacemarine types. (including Balrogs?) I see that there
are even some rifle, flamethrower, and grenade launcher designs with these
"marines".

I guess I should have presented these guys with the dropship, but that isn't
done yet.

                     John
(who is now affixing 1 piece rifles and breathing apparatus to all webpage
figs so they look like .space -men)