 Space / 4873
Re: Starship Hyperion construction progress update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 25 Nov 2000 20:08:20 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jason E. Baker writes:
Just a little note,
I've updated my Starship Hyperion page.  It seems to be about 2 weeks behind
of where i'm actually at.  I've started concentrating more on the interior
spaces.  There's a bit more detail of how the ship goes together too.
http://carpc.home.att.net/hyperion

Jeb

Very nice, Jason.

I've got to ask you a question about this picture, however...

http://carpc.home.att.net/hyperion/uc024.jpg

Your description reads: "The bow of the ship showing the heavy artilery, and
the warp field generator. Bottom to top: 2 Photon Torpedo (below warp dish,
Dual ion cannon and dual laser cannon on the same turret, 4 missile launchers
(behind square doors).

What I see on the "warp dish" is a "Have a Nice Day" smiley face.  Right above
the face is this big, mean, ugly laser cannon.  I love the contrast -- it's
very "Hitchhiker's Guide."  So, was the smiley intentional?

--
John J. Ladasky Jr., Ph.D.
Department of Biology