 Space / 41267
Re: classic space baseplates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2008 18:34:55 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jon Hutchison wrote:
Hi

Could someone tell me if Lego ever made curve or straight classic space road
plates or just the t junction and landing one (with yellow lines).
I searched peeron but couldn't find anything.

Reason I ask is I saw this pic:

Has this person just modified town road plates? There are straights and
curves in the pic??

Nope.  There are only five space road plates.  A black cross and tee, two
light-grey crosses (one with dashed lines that go all the way across, and one
where they stop ~3/4 of the way across) and a light-grey tee.  My guess is that
this person painted yellow lines over the green lines on these road plates:

http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/606p01
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/609p01

They're both the same stud-width, pattern, and baseplate color, just with green
outer lines instead of yellow.  I know at least Trevor Pruden has used them
unmodified for Moonbase layouts because they're such a similar format to the
original Spaceplates, but offer greater versatility.