 Space / 41165
41164  |  41166
Subject:
MINI Battlestar Galactica Prison Barge
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.microscale
Date:
Sun, 12 Aug 2007 17:36:25 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hello all!

To get towards completion of the Colonial Rag Tag fleet, I here want to present the Colonial Prison Barge to you. It is quite often seen throughout the whole series. Here is a reference image of the Prison Barge

It comes complete with on-deck power generators and Viper launch bays. A special detail is the complex bridge design. To realize the double dish on upper and under side, I had to find an as flat as possible studs-on-both-sides-piece. The chainsaw was the perfect solution. It also allowed connection to the main body.

Another nice detail is the bridge window. When trying to get some glass look bewteen the dishes, I stumbled first over normal 1x1 round bricks and stuffed them in. However I didn’t quite like their look. Then I cam across those TECHNIC angle connectors, which also come in transparent-clear! A detail picture is provided below.

Here are the pictures:

Thanks for stepping by!

Best wishes,

– Christopher