 Space / 41138
41137  |  41139
Subject:
10176 (Royal King's Castle) - 13 Alternate MOCs at Once
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2007 06:57:48 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I picked up a copy of 10176 on sale at SAH. It’s a nice set, but I really bought it for the parts. Anyway, I wasn’t all that interested to build the castle, so I set out to use the parts therein to make my own MOC, I came up with this:

The Smithbot

I thought that was cool how a bot/hardsuit could be made using parts from a Castle set (and it was the first time I was able to use the rubberband holder in a MOC). Looking at all the remaining parts, I decided to see what else I could make. Little did I know that I would end up with a total of 13 MOCs, but it was a good experience for me, as I had never tried creating an “alternate build” from a set). Here they are, in the order they were built:

The Royal Smokehouse

Poop

Wash Day

Cruise Ship

Warship

Mega-Satellite

a Fireplace/Forge

Ye Outhouse

Thespian

No Helmet

Meef Tower

and...

The Stone

Yes, they were all made from parts of this set, using only the remaining parts after each MOC was completed.
Here is a group shot of all of these MOCs:

This was truly a very fun experience (and challenge) for me. If you haven’t built an alternate MOC from a LEGO set, I would encourage you to give it a try.

“Big Daddy” Nelson