 Space / 40863
40862  |  40864
Subject:
Metacluster Explorer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2007 02:40:37 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

The 80-stud-long Metacluster Explorer has many functions, including medium-duty freighter, critical medical support and deep-space reconnaissance. This large ship, which comfortably houses four people and can accommodate up to a dozen crew if necessary, sometimes serves as the flagship for exploration fleets, often supported by a few Galaxy Explorers, several Space Cruisers and the trusty 918. The vehicle pictured below in the foreground, the Arrow of Time, was the first of its class:

In high-risk areas, such in regions that contain dangerous space-based xenomorphs, or in vigorous starbirth regions where supernovae can be uncomfortably common, the Metacluster Explorer is a good choice. The ship is well-protected against sudden radiation bursts (though supernova-generated neutrino floods can still be a problem, if the spacecraft is too close), and endures many beam weapons fairly well. Below, the Stellar Serenade aids a Galaxy Explorer that was damaged in a failed particle-beam experiment:

And, below, the Jolly Jovian explores the radiation belts of Jupiter. When this mission was completed, this vessel then assissted on an ongoing project cataloguing the denizens of Europa’s ice-covered world ocean. This view reveals the vehicle’s heavy-duty reinforced hull (thanks to you advanced builders out there!):

The Metacluster Explorer can hold four small ground vehicles in its large bay, or accommodations for extra crew, or a couple of small spaceships, such as the Starfire I (6820).

This crew of the Arrow of Time plans on making a visit to Brickfest 2007 to show off their trusty Metacluster Explorer.

-best,

Wolf

PS. There’s a little glitch in the model... Didn’t notice it until I had processed many of the photos, so I’ll live with it. :o)