 Space / 40384
New animations: AT-STP and Moth Fighter (and StarCraft Marine)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.animation, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2006 04:06:41 GMT

I've posted 2 new "special effect" short clips of new stuff rendered in POV-Ray.
The scene files are available for download as well.

The Moth fighter jet is something I made and have been using to test explosions.
I've finally "finished" it to my satisfaction:

http://james.magnusviri.com/lego/gallery/moth.html

The AT-STP is a model by Xcalabur and is slightly modifed by me.  Pieter
Desnerck helped with the inverse kinetics math.  The IK only walks the model in
a straight line right now:

http://james.magnusviri.com/lego/gallery/at_stp.html

I've also posted the (previously unavailable) scene files for Mike Psiaki's
StarCraft Marine.

http://james.magnusviri.com/lego/articles/animatable_models/marine.html

I've also unified the download for the POV-Ray tutorial of Jamie Neufeld's
Runaround I wrote ages ago (since people complained it was too hard to use).

http://james.magnusviri.com/lego/articles/povray_tutorial/couriership.html

James