 Space / 40361
40360  |  40362
Subject:
Space update for Brickfest '06
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 2006 10:04:20 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

The online registration deadline is July 29th. The attendance cap will be reached before you know it so get registered ASAP. Also, fill out your MOC cards. Display priority will only be given to those that are filled. MOC cards will also play a roll in contest elligibility and Space category awards. If filling out a MOC card proves to difficult, at least put a name and what size display area you need so we can at plan for what is coming. You can then add more info in later.

This year we have 5 space size categories.

Small - up to 8 studs at the longest dimension Medium - 9 studs to 32 studs at the longest dimension Large - 33 studs to 64 studs at the longest dimension Extra Large - 65 studs to 95 at the longest dimension. Huge - 96 studs and higher at the longest dimension

Denote size category on MOC card

Moon base has only two sizes: Small-one 48X48 plate and Large-more than one 48X48 plate. Also include how many connections it has.

We also have Best Detail category. This can be stand alone, or integrated like Kevin Heckel’s award-winning sign from ‘05. If integrated, please make note on the MOC card. Jonesy/Razumikhin/True Kevin/Indie Kid Extraordinaire had a sign as part of his moonbase. You can see it here. http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pjmoyer/Minifig-Photo-Album/BF05-AD/2005-08-13-026.jpg

Steam Punk has 4 categories.

Sea - water traversing craft Land - wheeled, legged, etc. Air - ornitopters, airships and such Structure - buildings, floating rocks, non vehicular

If you have any further questions, please ask here or you can contact Dan Rubin or myself.

Fradel Gonzales - Co Space Curator, BF -06.