 Space / 40204
Re: Pirate mecha
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2006 07:14:04 GMT

In lugnet.build.mecha, Mark Neumann wrote:
   hah, nice one JP Something about your mech struck a chord with me, I couldn’t figure out what it was. So, true to my style I start surfing my links, and found this by Makoto Kobayashi. (thanks to Soren the anime junkie Roberts for turning me onto that) I’m sure the look is coincidental, if not, congrats of bringing across the look and feel of that mecha style. Either way you got a nice lumbering mech going there which I know is kind of boxy, but doesn’t seem it.

Nice job.

Mark

Thanks Mark! I didn’t know about Makoto Kobayashi http://aswars.tripod.com/id15.html before you mentioned him, no inspiration coming form there. Inspiration came more from this kind of bot - which looks similar to your example anyway: strong arms, short legs - ape style in a way, and playing with various parts.

Cheers,

JP.