 Space / 40009
New Mecha: The Fang
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 2 Feb 2006 03:59:48 GMT

Greetings all, just finished my last Mecha before I go on a long building
hiatus.

It is called Fang.

This is another of my experimental mecha to use in my Bricktek game.

Mass: 65 tons

Movement:

Walking: 4
Running: 6
Jumping: 0

Heat sinks 15 (double)
Max heat buildup 45
Max dissipation  30

Weapons

4- short range missile 4 rack
4- short range missile 2 rack
1- Extended Range Particle Projection Cannon
1- Advanced Tactical Missile 12 rack.

Overview:

The Fang-01 or Fang is yet another prototype mech jointly designed by the
scientist castes of clans Snow Raven and Ghost Bear.

Intended primarily for close quarters combat, the Fang is capable of surrounding
its target with a deadly cloud of short range missiles. In one volley, the fang
can launch up to 36 missiles. After the target is softened up sufficiently, the
Fang will deliver the killing blow with the ER PPC located in its uniquely
designed right hand. The weapon is recessed into the palm of the hand. This
allows the mech to punch an opponent with out damaging the focusing coils of the
ER PPC. The Fang also excells at long range support because the ATM 12 can be
equipped with long range missiles that trade warhead payload for extra distance.

Recon photos as follows:

Fang after combat drop:

Staring down the business end of an ER PPC:

Walking:

Laying in wait for it's prey:

Firing primary weapons:

Kicking the Boomslang upside its head: