 Space / 39941
Re: Panther LRV
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 12 Jan 2006 18:17:57 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tyler Walles wrote:
   Each wheel has its own independent suspension. The panther comes standard with grenade launchers, and a quad-barrel machine gun turret, but can be costumized for maximum usability.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=162673 (after moderation
  • WARNING LARGE PICTURES *

Aack, instead of warning about the size, please resize them for us! Download Gimp or something.

Anyway, on the model:

I love the front suspension. No pics of the rear, though- do you have springs back there too, or is the independent suspension only in your story?

The panels and flags on the top and the canopy mounting add some neat shaping.

The gun is pretty cool, especially with the rotation click-hinge mounting. I like the engine, though a little more detail wouldn’t hurt (like some round 1x1 plates under the grill tiles). The upper pods (are those your grenade launchers?) could use some better detailing inside the top gap.

The tan and greys color scheme works pretty well, though the yellow wheels are a bit jarring.

Overall it’s a neat build- but with a few improvements and a bit more attention to detail it could be great.

   Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com