 Space / 39719
Re: Sergeant Destroy - Greco Stylin'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 2005 20:32:18 GMT

In lugnet.space, Felix Greco wrote:
   I actually saw this a while back when you posted the WIP pics on brickshelf. I was hoping it would make it to completion.

You give me too much credit. This figure is thouroughly awsome and original.

Don’t be so humble. I printed out some pics of your figures and referred to them frequently. They’re a great source of inspiration, especially since I’m a bit starved for ideas at the moment. Dapper Dan and Polly-Ann are my very favourite.

But thanks for the kudos.

   The sculpting on areas like the side-burns, latissimus dorsi, and ankles is great. I also like your proportions; The large biceps and forearms really come through to give that perception of muscularity. I really like the way you did the head, too. The large nose, heavy brow, and pony-tail give him a stern look that lends the whole figure machismo.

The possibilities for giving a model character at this scale was fun to explore. One I’d like to return to at some point. Your models have a nice cartoony look that really appeals to me. A sidekick for the Sarge may not be out of the question.

   You know, he looks Australian to me. But I can’t say what it is that makes me say that.

Are you saying that all Australians look gay to you? ;)

   (1) - Lame pun, I know. Felix started it.

The name is awsome. Anyone who does not get at least a grin from it should be beaten with a dead fish.

As it happens, I keep one here ready for just such as occasion.

Cheers,

Allister