 Space / 3833
3832  |  3834
Subject:
SIGH. (was Re: Help needed interpreting dream)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.aquazone
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 04:22:29 GMT

In lugnet.general, Daniel Allen writes:
Okay, I had another one. It was a Kmart again, except this time it was
Aquanauts sets, particularly the Neptune lab, and they had the old Legoland
banner across the top left corner! If someone up there is trying to tell me
something,
WHAT IS IT?
Will classic Lego sets return in the form of new Aquazone sets? Or vice versa?
I don't know...
    -dead

Maybe this all has to do with the discontinuation of aquazone sets (sigh).
Lego had a really good theme going this time. Even in the midst of continuing
jrization in town sets.  We were getting fresh sets and new (and more
importantly non-jrized) pieces.  I was really looking forward to it filling
the gap in LEGO owned futuristic themes.  One thing I've always loved about
LEGO was seeing new ship designs.  But with the star wars theme we've seen all
these ships before.  Had aquazone not been there when space was discontinued I
probably would have stopped buying LEGO altogether.  Once again it's a theme
that I am sad to see go.  Who knows maybe one of these days LEGO will get its
act together and listen to the wants of its customers instead of listening to
marketing reports.

Adam