 Space / 37551

Subject:
Sticker torsos for LL924 ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 2004 12:38:33 GMT

I recently acquired a 924 classic set in excellent condition,
with box and all original pieces, and it had stickers on the
minifig torsos instead of a printed pattern. I have not seen
these anywhere before. Other 924 and 928 sets I have seen
have all had printed torsos, like all the later sets.

Does anyone here know whether sticker torsos were common for
these old space sets? I have never seen it before, but I
haven't seen more than a handful of the oldest space sets
in real life.

  Stefan G

Re: Sticker torsos for LL924 ?
In lugnet.space, Stefan Gustavson wrote:
I recently acquired a 924 classic set in excellent condition,
with box and all original pieces, and it had stickers on the
minifig torsos instead of a printed pattern. I have not seen
these anywhere before. Other 924 and 928 sets I have seen
have all had printed torsos, like all the later sets.

Does anyone here know whether sticker torsos were common for
these old space sets? I have never seen it before, but I
haven't seen more than a handful of the oldest space sets
in real life.

Hi,

all classic space sets of the first production year, referred to the '79 german
catalog http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/catalogs/1979/c79de/index.html
should have stickered torsos:
885, 886, 889, 891, 897, 918, 920, 924, 926, 928
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?q=885%2C+886%2C+889%2C+891%2C+897%2C+918_1%2C+920_2%2C+924%2C+926%2C+928

Some of them, don't know which, seem to have been produced a second time with
printed torsos.

Bye Ronald

Re: Sticker torsos for LL924 ?