 Space / 36817
Re: Atatosomb: A Hardsuit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 02:44:58 GMT

All responses are replied to here, as has become the custom.

In lugnet.build.mecha, Kyle Vrieze wrote:
   I can not figure out how all that stuff is held on to that minifig. Nice solution to the helmet-clearance problem. Nice work! Very reminiscent of some Japanese hardsuit designs I’ve seen on Brickshelf.

It’s attached with a single stud, provided by this part:

I looked at Japanese hardsuits for ideas on how to contruct the image I had in my head. This specifically: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=50315. However, I ended up going a different direction in terms of constuction.

In lugnet.build.mecha, David Simmons wrote:
   Wow!! That hair/visor combo is awesome! Here’s another totally brickin’ cool building tip I’ll have to preserve on my shelf somewhere so I don’t forget it. Superb work, Kevin! Oh, the hardsuit is cool, too! :-)

Hehe, thanks. I’m glad you like the hair/visor combo, I hope to see it in your mocs soon! ;)

In lugnet.build.mecha, Daniel Rubin wrote:
   Yeah, it is a neat trick. I’ve been using it with goggles for awhile (to make welding goggles) but had never really thought to use it with a visor.Couldn’t see the forest for the trees. Oh, and the MOC itself is cool, very > reminiscent of some of the MOCs coming out of Japan

Thanks Dan. Ya, I am sure others have notices the connection point before, but it does seem to be ignored. It’s very secure.

Oh yes, the name was courtesy of Bram. It stands for “Augh, There’s A Ton Of Shit On My Back”

~Kevoh