 Space / 36815
Re: Atatosomb: A Hardsuit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 2 Nov 2004 00:50:29 GMT

In lugnet.build.mecha, David Simmons wrote:
Wow!!  That hair/visor combo is awesome!  Here's another totally brickin'
cool building tip I'll have to preserve on my shelf somewhere so I don't
forget it.  Superb work, Kevin!  Oh, the hardsuit is cool, too!  :-)

Dave

"Kevin Blocksidge" <blocksidge@gmail.com> wrote in message
Hello!

Last weekend I made a hardsuit.  I was calling it "a little mecha that goes
right around a guy like a little suit" until Lenny reminded me of the much more
succinct "hardsuit".

Anyway, I've finally had time to photograph it.

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=103273

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/KBlock/Mecha/Atatosomb/thumb/01.jpg_thumb
.jpg>>

(click the link, foolish mortals)

It flies around shooting things with the two big guns.  Note the helmet design;
a full helmet would not fit, so I came up with a solution that IMO looks cooler
than a regular helmet would have anyway.

I was inspired by a dream to build it.

The name is an acronym, but I won't tell you for what.

`~Kevoh

Yeah, it is a neat trick. I've been using it with goggles for awhile (to make
welding goggles) but had never really thought to use it with a visor. Couldn't
see the forest for the trees. Oh, and the MOC itself is cool, very reminiscent
of some of the MOCs coming out of Japan

Dan Rubin