 Space / 35568
Re: Crimson Skies: Acer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 2004 16:49:25 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Chris Paton wrote:
   Thanks Theodore.

I had been toying with the idea of building a Crimson Skies plane for a while and then your Tomahawk made a flyby and kick started my building - thanks.

I’m a bit shocked my post got you going, but hey, whatever it takes :)

   There are so many brilliant Crimson Skies MOCs out there and I feel there is a kind of freedom in the design and building of them, like the undercarriage for example. It is almost expected not to hide it inside the aircraft.

Well I know I don’t casue I don’t seem to have the right sort of brain to make retractable landing gear work in a small space.

   Anyway, I hope to build some more soon. Have you got any more in development? Looking at your folder I like the Kestrel best although the Tomahawk has a sleek profile.

Chris

Actually spent a few hours last night making some tweeks to the Tomahawk, and mostly the kestrel. Home to have new pictures up soon. The Tomahawk got new rudders and grey cannons. The Kestrel received significant changes, mainly to add in a second layer of click hinges to get rid of the “wing droop” problem it had. Of course that required redesigning the front and I figured I’d change the rudders on it too.

The next sunny evening I get I plan to go photo crazy and try and get new pics of all 4 of my birds and maybe some more group shots.

I should get back to work now :)
TRS