 Space / 35565
Re: Crimson Skies: Acer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 15 Aug 2004 16:51:01 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Chris Paton wrote:
   Having browsed through many great Crimson Skies MOCs I thought it about time I build one of my own.

Way to go :)

   With 4 x 30cal and 1 x 50 cal the Acer packs a hefty punch. The canard wing allows for some slow speed Zeppelin strafing runs without stalling. All that’s missing is a band of pirates to become allied with!

I like how you used the tire in the nose and the offset 50cal. Using minifig legs for the wing angles was pretty snifty too :)

   Comments and ideas for modification welcome.

I guess the only modifications I could mention are that the back of the cockpit sems kind of flat, but since it’s so far back it’s be hard to put much slope in... And just personal preference, but I’d say it could be a few stude longer in the front, or maybe if the wings were moved back a stud or two. Both are changes that probably wouldn’t be worth the bother :)

Considering this is your first CS, I know I’d like to see what you come up with next.

TRS