 Space / 35112
Re: A bot from yesteryear - another Bot Contest entry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 24 Jul 2004 15:49:47 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jamie Neufeld wrote:
   Presenting a bot that time almost forgot. Some photos have surfaced
that show the “Steam-Bot” created by Prof. Hubert Hays in 1877.

As you can probably tell by the name, it is steam powered and
responds to simple voice commands. It was created to replace
horses and mules to carry heavy loads and pull wagons.

The rest of the pics: 1 2 3 4

This is another entry for the bot contest. PLMKWYT

ooh, steam punk.

I love you.

Seriously though, that’s very nifty. I’ve always had a soft spot in my heart for this theme. I dig the robot brain inside the dome (though it’s been done before) and the legs are nice and spindly too.

Adrian

http://www.brickfrenzy.com