 Space / 34303
34302  |  34304
Subject:
The Inescapable (an entry for the GBSLILAC)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 2004 14:26:24 GMT

About a week ago, I submitted this vehicle to the Grand Admiral’s Civilian MOC competition. At the time, I mentioned that it was a new method of transportation for my bounty hunter characters Aurrin Star and Hrn-Garr, introduced back here. (I apologise for what some may perceive as post bumping. It is not my intention. I just feel I need to offer a refresher on the story behind these characters.)

So, here then is Aurrin Star and Hrn-Garr’s new spaceship, the Inescapable.

This spaceship has quite a few special features, including a bit of SNOT work, as well as working landing gear (a first for me).

Gear down

Gear up

A sliding trapdoor provides access between the upper and lower levels of the ship. A fully detailed interior includes one bed (Aurrin and Hrn-Garr sleep in shifts), a table and viewscreen, a food replicator and sulphur tank rejuvenator (Aurrin is a sulphur-breather. I recently discovered how chemically impossible this is, but I’ve written it down now, so...)

Not forgetting the motive power behind it all, the engines. Also visible in this shot (and others) are the rowboats I am using for the exterior engines. This design first occurred to me during the “Useless Parts” competition a couple of years ago.

Underneath the engines is the prisoner transport section. As with the HoverVan I made for the CivMOC comp, prisoners are transported on stretchers in suspended animation. In fact, if we’re lucky, we may be able to spot Aurrin and Hrn-Garr transferring a bounty from their rented HoverVan into the back of the Inescapable.

While I was typing this, the folder became available. Here you go.

A MOCPages page will follow next week sometime.