 Space / 34059
Re: The sportster, my entry in the Civilian MOC contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 28 May 2004 18:31:06 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Brent Skadan wrote:
   Hello,

Well, after a long evening of building I have completed my entry into the civilian MOC contest. I would like to present the Sportster -- for the person who likes thrills, speed, and hot looks. The Sportster has a top speed of 1200kph with a max altitude that is near space. It comes standard with retractable landing gear, air breathing engines, ion thrust turbo jets -- for that extra kick, and a fighter craft like cockpit that makes anyone feel like an elite pilot.

The Sportster: for the discerning driver who appreciates performance over comfort -- or simply for those that are compensating for ... well, something.

Brickshelf link (once it passes moderation): http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=84280

This model presented several issues - first was the size, I wanted it to be small like an MG roadster (which was the inspiration for the sportster) with a touch of both retro and future styling, and enough greebling to look stripped down. I was surprised that I was able to design and built this thing in only 20 hours, yes 20 hours of straight building/prototyping. I have never completed a model in such a short amount of time -- I gues was realy inspired by many of the cool craft I saw being entered into the contest. Obviously the competition is going to be tough.

I will be posting better photos tomorrow when the light is better and I have had full night of sleep.

Thanks for looking,

Brently

Well, now that this is moderated, I can comment. Very sleek, I like it. Some skillful greebling to boot. Nicely done

-Dan Rubin

Chair of the Cyber-braintrust