 Space / 33128
33127  |  33129
Subject:
Ghost Rider MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 02:09:16 GMT

Ghost Rider...motorcycle....hero..!

I blame that song for this ‘road trip’ as it were. When I got the ideas for the wheels it was off to the open highway, winds of creation in my face.

I’ve tried in the past to make a hoverbike and it failed miserably. This time I had more inspiration and I’m happy with the results.

It’s not on competitive levels of the greats in .space but hey, it’s my first bike to actually make it through production without being scraped and forgotten. I give myself a cookie for that alone.

http://mocpages.com/moc.php/3860

The bike is over-scaled, but that is actually intentional(1). Regardless I had fun building it and hopefully it’ll offer some enjoyment to others to look at.

Joel J

(1) Perhaps it’s a smidge too large, but I was aiming for a scale roughly that of Mark Sandlin’s Shiva: basically a big ol’ bike that would be worthy of the likes of Ghost Rider. I also drew on memories of Full Throttle, a graphic adventure some years ago from Lucasfilm Games.

  • fut’d to.space because but feel free to alter in replies if deemed appropriate. :)