 Space / 32939
32938  |  32940
Subject:
New Star Rangers MOC: The Narduris
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 2004 03:56:21 GMT

Hello .space! Another MOC from me, the .space teenage one.;)

In response to the increasing threat of JE, EB and 3vil, Captain Ned Akhem (Who is character in a story I’m writing.) has decided to fight for PCS by signing up for the Space Rangers. He bought a small fighter that supposedly dates back to SpPi days. The dull gray and rust color scheme and lack of weapons brought him to customizing it to suit his needs. Several additions included:
  • PCS/Space Rangers color scheme.

  • FLARB Cannon.

  • Katana-Class Laser.

  • Improved windscreen sensor array.

  • Shielding updates.
The engine and power drives were kept, but they were repaired. After completing his costomizations and repairs, he named it the Narduris, after his grandfather’s ship that served in the SpPi military.

Deep Link I

Deep Link II

Gallery (When Public)

Building notes: Believe it or not, this started out as a PCS tank project. I don’t recall how it slowly became a fighter, but I remember that the wings took me a long time to get them to work. And the FLARB Cannon took me a while to use proper SNOT to attack it to the bottom sturdily. There are two landing gears in the back that are retracted and weren’t shown for a reason. There used to be two landing gears in the front and two in the back. But once I added the FLARB Cannon, the gears were to short. I loved the way I was able to make the come out easily and stay in little compact space, bu that would change with the cannon. So, I decided I’ll fix the gears later and add the weapon. Oh yeah, ignore the black stands, they’re just there to hold it up.

Oh yeah, I updated my PCS SRS in the process of this crazy ship built entirely at night.

Deep Link

Gallery (When Public)

PLMKWYT!

()()() Admiral Alexander, Space Pioneers