 Space / 32377
32376  |  32378
Subject:
P-38 Contest Entry: S/FB-12 "Lightning 2"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 2004 15:28:34 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi all,

I’ve been seeing all these awesome P-38 based creations and decided to try one myself, so here’s mine. It’s part of a set of ships I’m working on using this engine style.

The ship is supposed to be capable of space and atmo flight, though I didn’t have the parts for control surfaces. It’s got probably the most SNOT construction I’ve ever used (the tails are sideways, as are the engines). It’s not entirely finished, as I still need landing gear and weapons racks. There’s also the problem of the wing droop, which I resolved right after taking the pics, thanks to Douglas Clark’s “Dragonfly” and his mention of rubber bands. I haven’t figured how to integrate them though, so I didn’t bother taking new pics.

The rest of the pics are here, post-mod: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=77224

PLMKWYT!

-Stefan-