 Space / 32240
Re: Hellbat starfighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 09:52:32 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tony Hafner wrote:
In lugnet.space, Andrew Todd Amacher wrote:
Check out the "Hellbat" light starfighter at
http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=76719 .

Cool- nice use of the dome.  That piece usually makes small ships look a bit
goofy, but it doesn't have that effect on this one.

Thanks. I've built a couple of fighters in the past 3 years with the dome that
did'nt look so good, but the way I used those beveled bricks around the top and
made the canopy recede into the body seems to work out OK.

  You made good use of some
wonky parts back by the engines too.

Yeah, until recently, I never thought I'd find a use for those Roborider
elements in a brick-based design. The idea just kinda came out of nowhere. I
might use those engines again in a future MOC, but turn them on their side.

Later,
Todd Amacher

  The overall shape looks good too.  It
seems sort of TIE-ish, but not too much.

The color scheme is a bit bland, though I'd have to admit that it actually makes
more sense for a military ship than what we often see.  The bottom could use
some detailing as well- the curves and slopes add so much texture to the rest of
the ship, which makes the plain underside stand out.

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com