 Space / 32197
Re: MOC times three
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 16:42:11 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Steve Runnels wrote:
   Here’s another Xpod moc. The “ponypod” of pods, 2+2 seating and plenty of oomph to get around with. It’s a double pod with hatches that actually open: • snip And here we have a PCS shuttle for a Star Ranger project I’m working on:

snip
   And here’s said Star Ranger himself, Lance Beefpile and his personal fighter:

snip
   --SteveR

Ack! So Imagy! Seriously, though, I really like the shuttle and the fighter. Not much of a fan of pods in general, though, it’s some good use of the x-pods. How are the pods attached together? I am curious how they can be attached, I am especially interested to know if I could get a light brick in an opening of the clear part to make the whole thing glow, because that could make for some cool matrix-style hover bits.

I particuarly like the engine area on the shuttle. It gives the impression that you can’t sit up straight, overall it seems more like a sports car than a shuttle, very flat and wide, have to sit reclined, no periphreal vision. I am all about wedges, so I commend you for their use.

The little fiighter is cool, and makes excellent use of Bionicle bits. I presume that parts of the bionicle mask is supposed to be guns? Otherwise it seems like an awfully lightly armed fighter, though it looks fast. I like the back of the engine, overall it looks alot like a 60’s jet fighter with the wings clipped.

-Dan Rubin