 Space / 32073
Re: Colors...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 21 Mar 2004 23:47:59 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jeffrey Shaw wrote:
Sorry if not directly space related...but I hope some one here knows...

I have been looking for a comprehensive list showing the colors currently
available in Lego.  I have seen Peeron.com's list but it doesn't give
examples of the colors.  I am currently reworking my storage (in the
planning stage) and I would like to sort by color and by general type
(Brick, plate, tile, of any size)

Jeff,
My Color Tree may be of help:
http://www.isodomos.com/VPH/ColorTree
It shows most of the known colors, grouped by color.

The colors in the top row are linked to my Color Tree Roots page:
http://www.isodomos.com/VPH/ColorRoots
which gives a photo of each color, names on Bricklink, Peeron, and LDraw, and
major themes/sets the color has appeared in.

The colors in the bottom row of the Tree (the ones with numbers) link to the
Lego Color list:
http://www.isodomos.com/VPH/ColorLego
which gives Lego-provided color reference values (RGB,CYMK,Pantone) - which can
be helpful for printing out the labels for your storage system.

My Color Tree is as complete as I can make it. It includes modern colors as well
as retired colors. I'm still adding Clickits colors, as soon as I can
identify/name them. Let me know if you see any errors or additions.

Hope that helps,
Clark