 Space / 31853
Re: MOC: Space Paparazzi
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 15:51:05 GMT

In lugnet.space, Joe Meno wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Felix Greco wrote:

Space Paparazzi

Excuse me while I get up off the floor from my laughing...

Thanks for the homage:) And the MOC, homage notwithstanding, is really cool in it’s sense of whimsy. Nice use of the Duplo Egg, and the camera is pretty darn cool!

Now how can I get one of these?

Joe Meno (who is NOT going to say how close you got my smile!) .space paparazzi!

I should also say this model was heavily inspired by one of my favorite artisits, Lawrence Northey.

Oddly enough, this piece began as a “fem-bot”. The bottom of the duplo egg was upside down and was a kind of robot mini skirt. I still like the idea, and will probably give it another attempt one day, but the model itself was flimsy and just didn’t do it for me.

Then I started thinking about how to make a goofy looking robot that didn’t look like some attempt at mecha. My first thought was that whatever it was holding would have a strong influence... like a camera or something. I think you can see how the wheels upstairs would get turning after that thought :)

For my part, I wish I could have stayed true to the Space Paparazzi color scheme in a more smooth, seemless manner. I also wish my duplo eggs weren’t so banged up. I also wish I had a Mazda RX-8. Oh, well.

Felix