 Space / 31450
Re: More Bluebird fighter pics, was: Blue Pod...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 21:27:47 GMT

In lugnet.space, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Jeff-S/Space-Mecha/Ships/Bluebird/blubrd01.jpg

Jeff - Feel free to post a new thread for a new craft - both this and your blue pod look nice. The Blue pod looks the better of the two because it maintains the enclosed cockpit - which makes it look more realistic to me.

Agreed - minifigs shouldn’t gasp for air in space, like in the escape pod in the first M. Falcon set (from Greg Hyland’s comics at FBTB.net):

   The general shape of the Blue Bird is nice, and if you beefed up the cockpit a bit, it would make an excellent fighter. Altho, I like the concept of using just the pieces from one set.

yup, i tried to make the cool overall shape of the ship first, but the pieces i had left over would look too contrived on the cockpit., the only pieces i added to the set are 2 minifigs, one WITH (airtight) helmet (he needs it!) & one without, just so i can make sure that what i make is actually minifig scale/fittable if that’s what i’m going for.

keep building!

-Lenny

Thanks for the comments. Are the pictures clear enough? These new pics are from the Logitech Quickcam 4000 that I got to replace the Legocam (Studios set). Granted, I’ve got to improve my photography skills, but I took the initial pic (now gone) with the Legocam, and had to wait 2 weeks to get the new cam, so I really wanted to take & post the pics.

Jeff