 Space / 31224
Re: LL38 - P38 Lightning Contest Entry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 04:35:58 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tom Sciortino wrote:

   I see I’m not the only one who thought CS when I entered this con.

Yeah, I saw yours on the contest page. Neat. You went with a p-38 version of 891 whereas I went more with a 928/918 version.

   Nice adaptation of the classic. I also like the minor changes you made to the 928 portion like the air scoop and the replacement of the older pieces under the nose with that more modern invert-wedge.

I did try to restrict parts usage to parts from the era, but sometimes you just gotta do ;), and parts like the inverted triple wedge blend in fairly seamlessly.

Cheers,

Allister