 Space / 30957
30956  |  30958
Subject:
A tale of intrigue, a tale of two bogies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 2004 01:56:04 GMT

I recently came up with a really cool idea for a Monorail train, but I didn’t have any Monorail parts (well, I also didn’t have most of the other parts I needed, but they should be on the way shortly). I bought a motor, a pair of sleds, and a pair of bogies on Bricklink, only to discover that one of the bogies was missing an axle. The seller was, unfortunately, unable to locate said axle (though she did offer a refund). Looking at the bogie, I couldn’t see any evidence that the axle was forcibly removed, since the clips that hold it in appear to be in perfect shape. I also noticed that the edge near the missing axle had numerous scuffs on it, as if it had been dragging on the track while being driven without the axle:

Knowing how rare Monorail parts have gotten, I hoped to repair the bogie if possible, so I asked on the MichLUG list if anyone had a broken one that I could scrounge an axle from, but noone did. Chris suggested calling Consumer Affairs, which was going to be my last resort. I figured it couldn’t hurt, so I gave them a call. Oh yeah, that part on the right? That’s the free replacement that they sent me! Yes, it seems that they still have a few odd replacement Monorail parts floating around.