 Space / 30899
Re: Gunboat Hrunting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 2004 16:37:42 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tom Sciortino wrote:

"Andrew" <lego_dude9@SPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
news:HsGzBF.tFq@lugnet.com...

Moderated:
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=71099>

So I see "Pirates" is destined to become a classic...  I like that table/big
screen tv, and the shelves for the helmets was  nice touch too.  The
interior is well planned out.  I think you should try your hand at greebling
now.  The steering wheel and hose near the engine section and actually the
whole roof in general is the right idea.  Just add some more detail things
like that along the sides and on the wings.  Oh, and if you really want to
impress a few folks around here, give it some landing gear.  They go nuts
for that...

-- Tom

Thanks!

Yes, I'm a bit behind on the whole greebling thing.  I had several ideas during
the building process, but in the end, none of it flowed together well enough and
I had to make the thing "clean".  The hoses on top were an improvisation,
actually, because I couldn't find another wheel-thing to put in that piece of
machinery.  Serendipity strikes again!  My next MOC is going to be more greebled
than the Hrunting.

Landing gear was actually in the original plans, but as the hull evolved, there
wasn't enough room for it.  I did make several prototypes, but none of them were
satisfactory (too bulky, not flexible, etc).  Any suggestions on making decent
landing gear?

Thanks for the reply--I'm actually surprised to get a reply in this sea of
messages about the Pander Hunter, the Beach-related topic, etc.  It's hard to
learn when you don't get critiques!

Andrew