 Space / 30508
30507  |  30509
Subject:
BrickFest 2004 PDX .space sig-fig line-up - mail in your character!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, lugnet.fun.community
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 17:26:35 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi all,

Whether you are attending Brickfest PDX or not, YOU can take part in the .space sig-fig lineup! We’ll set up a big ol’ mess of characters in the space layout (probably somewhere on the moonbase) and the .space paparazzi will take some pictures of them all hanging out together. Your bounty hunter, space cadet, or futuristic janitor will be seen with all the other military officers, star grunts, and fleebnorks that show up.

The rules: You can send in ONE minifig for us to set out on the layout. You’ll need to send the fig in reuseable packaging along with a self-addressed stamped envelope for the return journey. Failure to comply will result in your fig ending up in Tony Hafner’s hands... and that won’t be pretty. We’ll track the figs as well as we can, but it wouldn’t hurt to put a tiny note inside the torso with your name. Failure to comply with that *could* result in your fig ending up in... oh, yeah... you know where.

If you are personally attending the event, please don’t mail in your fig. It will be a lot easier for all involved if you handle this yourself. Simply track down Tony Hafner or Joe Meno at the convention and we’ll get you going. Those personally attending can bring more than 1 sig fig, but please be reasonable... don’t bring your whole party of Space Troopers and expect them all to participate. 3 sig figs will be the maximum from an individual, and that’s only with good reason.

Drop an e-mail to either Tony Hafner at tony@hafhead,com or Joe Meno at jmenomeno@aol.com for specifics on where to mail your fig or any questions!

Note that although we will do our best to keep the fleebnorks at bay, we cannot guarantee that a few heads won’t roll. .space is, after all, a dangerous place.

By Friday after the event, we’ll have the figs in the mail and working their way home. Note that we cannot be held responsible for figs lost in the mail...

See you (and/or your fig) in Portland!

Joe Meno Space Coordinator, BrickFest 2004 PDX, SciBrick Communications Officer, .space paparazzi!