 Space / 30463
Re: LEGO, Mars, Caltech
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 2004 18:41:04 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Ted Michon wrote:
   For this Caltech alum who works a few blocks from the campus, builds LEGO all the time, and has followed the space program since our rockets only knew how to explode, the sun and the moon and the stars have aligned:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/space/01/19/mars.rover.toy.ap/index.html

Hmm.. wonder why the CalTech connection didn’t come out before?

It was only mentioned that LEGO had a NASA tie in back when we first heard about these products, nothing about CalTech, IIRC. I have a copy of the big rover set but haven’t had time to build it yet so dunno what’s inside documentation wise.

But ya, this rover is a very cool set and it has some sweet parts from what I’ve seen of other people’s copies.

I think we will let the part about how I broke the demonstration model back at BricksWest 2003 remain undiscussed... er.. oops!