 Space / 30453
30452  |  30454
Subject:
New dropship and a pair of mecha
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 20:15:51 GMT

Hello!

I have begun construction of a capital ship designed for planetary conquest. The Siege Assault Ship will have a full landing complement of Space Police Marines.

I have finished the first drafts of a Dropship and two Light Cavalry Mecha. I’d love to hear your opinions on both, especially on construction of a grappling device for the bay of the Dropship. I played around with some click-hinge claw type things, but they all looked too bulky. Ideas anyone?

Also, before the landing-gear crazed few out there get all riled up, I have purposely omitted landing gear in this version. First, the dropship actually doesn’t need them as they hang from the underbelly of the Siege Assault Ship. When landing the marines, they skim the surface and literally drop the mecha and troops, thus limiting the vulnerability of the landing stage of the assault.

Please, bash away.

Steve