 Space / 30440
30439  |  30441
Subject:
Proposed Micro/Nano-fig Moonbase Standard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.org.scibrick
Date:
Sat, 17 Jan 2004 05:03:36 GMT

Here’s a standard I came up with for a Moonbase module based on an 8x8 stud platform. You can fit four of these on every 16x16 stud baseplate...or 16 on a 32...or 36 modules on a 48x48! Imagine the sizes the Moonbase could approach on just a few baseplates. Nanofig spaceports with nanofig starships could be surrounded by housing projects, factory districts, and more.

Anyway, here’s the standard I propose:

As you can see, the baseplate is 8x8 studs, using either an 8x8 plate, two 4x8 plates, a 6x8 and a 2x8, or whatever. The corridor is formed by a “pin jointer” piece, or alternatively by a stack of 1x1 round plates and/or bricks 5 studs high. Only one such piece is required for each pair of connecting modules. The corridor height is one brick and one plate above the baseplate level. You should try to leave a 1 stud border around the edge so modules don’t run into each other.

Here are a couple example modules:

I’m sure we could expand on this and create upper story connectors too.

Please LMKWYT!
--Bram

   Bram Lambrecht
www.bldesign.org