 Space / 29985
Re: A PCS Tribute to Travis
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 2003 03:18:22 GMT

In lugnet.space, Chris Giddens wrote:
   Hi all,

SNIP

   Thanks for all ya did to make the hobby fun Trav.

Admiral Giddens <><
http://www.classic-space.com
_____.

Very cool. the overall form & use of the bionicle arms is remenicent of the landspeeder in star wars-the arms remind me of the front wrap-around grille. I like the 5-stud piece being decorative, instead of functional, although the decorative aspect can be considered a function so to speak, and the piece’s functionality becomes the core of the decoration...hmmm...“Zen & the art of 5-stud Lego pieces” I remember in my college years of architecture, the form vs. function or function vs. decorative argument was big in the post-war modernist movement. Well, after seeing this MOC & 5-stud piece use, I say “Take THAT ya modernists!”

Jeff

Jeff