 Space / 29911
Re: New uses for steering wheels
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 26 Dec 2003 12:54:56 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mike Kollross wrote:
Ta Daa!!!!  A part that is now useful. (more useful than just a tap or a
steering wheel)

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/MK-Ultra71/misc/119_1931.jpg

Wow, great stuff! For a long time, I have been thinking about how the steering
wheels could be used as valves in starship designs - for example, an emergency
plasma shutoff valve in a reactor.

This neat little thing makes a great valve - stick an antenna on top of it, or
attach 1*1 round bricks to it's top and bottom etc, to make a pipe. The
possibilities are nearly endless. I can imagine a huge starship maintenance
corridor littered with different-colored pipes, and valves of this kind.

Thanks a lot for sharing, I have to try this out right now.

--Tobias