 Space / 29405
Re: Not a monorail
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 15:32:43 GMT

In lugnet.space, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   But a elevated train.

From Amy Hughes’s BS folder ( ‘amyhughes’ ) - and it got me thinking.. I know monorails are rare and growing even rarer, but what about a Moonbase elevated train? I’m not thinking as a replacement for the monorail (except where there is no monorail is available).

I’m all for rail being included in moonbase. I’m not so sure about it being elevated all over the place but in moderation it’s probably ok.

   I think trains would serve the moonbase in a more industrial fashion, whereas the monorail would be more for civilian transportation.

Yup.

   Anyways, it might be a thought to add to the standard. Also, what was the decision made about the train/monorail addition to the standard?

It’s been added to the page, and everything went smooth at NWBC. I’m also going to add the racers racetrack to the page soon too. As soon as I get my camera back.

The racetrack will be perfect for roads or people movers. It runs nicely along side the traintrack and sections of it can be elevated.

Thanks for the input.

    j o n
zemi.net
moonbase