 Space / 28833
28832  |  28834
Subject:
Greetings!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 2003 02:48:38 GMT

At long last my posting privileges have been activated, a week after my membership was finalized, and months after I started oggling over models and reading topics here at Lugnet.

What a coincidence, that I was approved on the day my newest MOC was highlighted here in .space!

I want to give a big thanks to Mark for the honor of MOC Highlight, as it is something I feel undeserving of, after all the awesome little creations Travis has introduced lately!

You folks are an amazing bunch of people, and I couldn’t wait to be a part of the very cool .space community. I’ve enjoyed seeing each new creation displayed here, as well as the goings-on at the Fests and Cons. I’ve learned so much about ship and model construction from seeing your guys’ work, and I hope that I can continue to improve and impress.

As most of you know, I just released the PCS LL-18 VIC, which has managed to get itself some nice “screen time” on MOCpages, Brickshelf, the FBTB forums, and now a Lugnet MOC Highlight spot, all in the span of a couple days. I’m glad it’s been so well received, and I want to thank those of you who have commented on it as well as suggested improvements. Admiral Giddens gets some big props for the changes he pointed out for the model in correspondences before I premiered it. And a huge thanks to Nathan Wells for offering to post about it here in .space for me!

About a month and a half ago, Jon posted about my Caliph Hovership here for me, for which I was very grateful. My first Lugnet “appearance”, woohoo! And a Brammy to boot! Double woohoo! I’d like to point you towards the second version of Caliph, which takes advantage of many suggested changes that were delivered via reviews and emails. A final version of the hovership is in the works, which if I was a great builder would be the only one anyone would ever have seen. The orientation of the ship has been reversed, so that the tapered end is the rear (ala Nebuchadnezzar, Yoshima, and Zoar); I’ve changed all the tire/hoverpods to one uniform size, and made sure there are a proper amount of them; I’ve added more greeblies; the main laser weapon has been discarded in the new design, and Caliph now features weapons more akin to those installed on Zoar. I look forward to presenting this final version here for you all.

Currently in the works: an Eastern Block craft I’ve already begun, two Zoars for my own collection of hoverships, and a small-scale Neb (it’s too large to be called mini). My building career began with Star Wars, but for the forseeable time I’m going to be working in other genres.

Enough about future stuff. Let me highlight some of my past creations that you .spacers might enjoy, if you haven’t seen them already:

Cancer mobile suit from Gundam, of which I’m not a fan and I’ve never seen. My first ever mecha.

Blackband Starfighter, an original idea based off the New Jedi Order series.

Clouded Judgement, my first “sig fig” ship, which is currently dismantled but will rise again in an updated design.

Naboo X-1 Starfighter, a hybrid of the Prequel Trilogy’s Naboo Starfighter and the Original Trilogy’s X-Wing starfighter.

Galleries full of creations can be found at my MOCpages site, as well as my Brickshelf gallery. I’ve got a personal website in the works that will feature most of my creations past, present, and future in the best image quality I can manage.

I look forward to a future with you guys, and hope that you accept me into your fellowship. Thanks for the praise thus far, and I hope you enjoy what’s in store. :)

.space Ryan W.