 Space / 28603
Re: 12 x 886 Space Buggy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 15:13:07 GMT

Allister McLaren wrote:
* any chance of supersizing 885 as well? Seeing those two together in the large
would really set my heart aflutter :)

The three sets I considered for this project were 885, 886 and 889.

I thought it would be fun to build the radar dish in the 889.  My Star
Destroyer recently meet its doom, so I definitely had the gray plates
available to build it.  But as a set it doesn't really inspire me.  It's
a middle of the pack kind of design.

The 885 and 886 on the other hand kind of define what space is.  Simple
packages that show main elements of what Space Lego is.  Space ships and
ground vehicle.  So they're the defining two sets for me.

I ultimately choose the 886 because of parts availability.  Although I
really wanted to do a red Mini-Fig, I just wasn't sure if I could get
all the trans-red and blue I would need to build the 885.  Also it has a
lot  more gray in it, which would have cost me a lot more.

If the opportunity presents itself I would definitely build an 885 to
compliment the 886.  I am considering building a few more Mini-Figs.
They are a lot of fun at this scale.

Thank you to everyone for your comments.  It was a lot of fun building
this and I'm glad others are enjoying it too.

Derek