 Space / 28173
Re: MOC - Tub Thumper
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 02:26:21 GMT

Firstly, I must apologise for replying so late with this one. I’m not trying to bump it. I wanted to reply at the time, but LUGNET for some reason stopped my ability to post, and I’ve only just got it set up again. I’m also x-posting to .mecha, which I should have done in the first place.

In lugnet.space, Jamie Neufeld wrote:

   Now I’ll admit I’m not a big fan of the tub idea, but this thing is sweet. I think my favorite part is the hands, so simple but great. And bell bottom legs, very retro. :) Excellent work Allister.

Jamie

Thanks Jamie. I like how the hands turned out as well. I originally tried Minowa’s design, but it was horribly unstable. I like trying out different hand ideas - I don’t think I’ve used the same design twice.

In lugnet.space, Zac Soden wrote:
   Hi Allister,

Not a bad job you’ve done there. At first it reminded me of a Warhammer 40K Eldar wraithguard with its long, lanky lines, but as with Jamie, I’m not a big fan of the tub design. I think it would have looked much better as a more humanoid mech. Also, I don’t feel that the light grey fits well into this design. I realise that it is an integral part of the PCS colour scheme but sadly I don’t feel that you incorporated it properly.

But you’ve got some great concepts happenning there in the arms and legs!

Keep up the good work,

Zac

Thanks Zac. If you’re refering to the grey dishes on the hands, I must agree. I would have preferred white, but I could only find the one.

I’m wnodering what is is you both don’t like about the TUB design? Not that I have a problem with that, I’m just curious. Personally I think it makes a nice starting point for building when I’m otherwise starved for ideas, and has unlimited possibilities. X-Tub anyone?

Cheers,

Allister