 Space / 27863
Re: just what IS a mecha?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Fri, 5 Sep 2003 00:35:59 GMT

Can someone point me to a definition of just what things a mecha has to
have to be counted as a mecha?

It's pretty loose,  But I like how one of my friends put it.  "It seems to be
that mecha tends to imitate life."

As such, I think it's safe to say that mechs (or mecha, let's not go there
again...) are robaotical imitations of life, real and imagined.  Some have
pilots, some do not.  Some have weapons, some do not.  Many are articulated and
that's the tricky part.

http://news.lugnet.com/build/mecha/inspirationsites
Here's a list of what many consider mecha.

But in short.  If it's really cool, it's probably mecha.

Mark
Snow Daddy
Neumann