 Space / 27315
  Volans-Class fighter

Howdy y'all, The Volans-class is an interceptor ship designed to serve as long-range escorts to the Orion-class ships (see here: (URL)). It utilizes a (somewhat) smaller version of the Orion-class' nacelle, with one less field coil set than on the (...) (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: Volans-Class fighter

This is a nice little ship. A bit boxy, but at smaller sizes like this, it can sometimes be difficult to round everything off. That's one hell of a cannon on the top there though! Until the folder gets moderated and I can check it out further, I'm (...) (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Volans-Class fighter

(...) Lol! Thanks. Actually, the big brown chunk on top IS propulsion (engine placement is inspired by the German WWII Volksjager, hopefully this would work better...). The front half houses the weapons, and the rear, the engines. There is also a (...) (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)