 Space / 27122
  Time to see Mars

The Red Planet is about to be spectacular! This month and next, Earth is catching up with Mars in an encounter that will culminate in the closest approach between the two planets in recorded history. The next time Mars may come this close is in (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Time to see Mars

(...) Indeed! (...) As much as I have been excited about this since reading an article that said the same thing, I don't quite understand how a "75-power magnification" can be considered by "the naked eye". Either we have binoculars or telescopes or (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Time to see Mars

(...) What they mean is that 75xMars (magnified Mars) is approximately the same size as 1xMoon (naked eye moon)... --Bram (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.space)