 Space / 26638
26637  |  26639
Subject:
Space@Brickfest 2K3: last thoughts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.aquazone
Date:
Mon, 28 Jul 2003 19:42:08 GMT

Moonbase

Spacer
   Modules
   Type

Jon Palmer
   1
   Super

Felix Greco
   2
   Normal

Mark Sandlin
   Unable to
   attend.

Tim Courtney
   1
   Normal

Markham Carroll
   2
   Normal

Bram Lambrecht
   1
   Super

Fuzzy
   1
   Normal

Mike Petrucelli
   Unable to
   attend.

Frank Filz
   1
   Normal

Freak
   2
   Normal

Lenny Hoffman
   1
   Normal

Chris Giddens
   2
   Normal

The Hendonator
   5!
   Normal

GardenSLUG
   1
   Super

Jim Foulds
   1
   Super

If I’ve missed anyone or recorded something incorrectly, please fix the list above.

Moonbase Monorail

Once the modules are in place, I’d like to see Troy take the lead in laying the monorail with community help. I think this would be best since most of the track will be his and he played a big part in trying to iron out a standard.

Awards

Based on votes, awards will be as follows:
  • Best small space creation.
  • Best medium space creation.
  • Best large space creation.
  • Best moonbase module.
  • Most creative/innovative space creation.
These awards will be given as peer recognition for outstanding work. Discussion had previously arisen regarding sub-categories for newbies, etc. I’ve given this a lot of thought and I want to be fair; these awards should be an honor given to great builders for thier creativity and hard work. We’d all like to take home an award. But we should also have a way to honor those folks in the community who do a great job. They give us inspiration and help keep us motivated.

Display Area

The layout of the space room will have the moonbase in the center, and space creations against the walls. We have an additional room in case it gets too crowded. Please take the time to fill out the MOC cards at the brickfest page. They’ll give your creations a sharp looking card for display and help us organize the room accordingly. Plus, please bring your sig-figs for photo-shoots and other fun.

Space Community Social

Let’s do lunch! Let’s all meet in the space room on Saturday at 12:00 and head out to a local restaurant together.

This year is gonna rock!

Please respond or email me if you have any ideas or suggestions. Otherwise, see you at the fest.